[Click on titles for links to original articles discussed here]

Monday, October 13, 2008

What inspires a blog to be revived? Elephants of course!!!

[Click on title for link to external article referenced in this blog]

Years and years ago (yes, 2 years is now considered once upon a time..) I used to publish about my views on telecommunications, the interwebs (Thanks Colbertt!) and what not...

However, it all sullied after I had to leave the US on travel and by the time I came back, life had taken some obviously downward turns (just when I thought it couldn't happen...)

In any case, I wanted to blog on this "renames" blog (I didn't know what the hell would be a good name, and if people were really particular they could blow their heads off trying to acronymize the fake abberivation "renames" you know).

Well, what did inspire me?

Telecommunications has becoming boring in the last two years.

WHAT DID I JUST SAY?

Look at it this way - it has mostly been about teens txtin' each o'ter or however the heck it is that they talk to each other. You could watch video (read po..) on mobile phones, videocon' with your mum and yada yada yada.

For someone who is not a teen (by that I remind you I am still about 9 years old on the human maturity scale) this was all pretty dumb.

And, let me admit this. I have owned a phone since September 2001. So that's what 7 full years now? I still don't have a great use (I have good uses, bearly tolerable uses and my creditors have awesome annoying uses) for one.

Its irritating to have to pay scat loads of money for a thingamajig that might be causing brain cancer, may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause reproductive birth defects (and so the unborn demons weep!) and so on and so forth.

However, all that is in the past now.

I have newfound respect for SMS and mobile phones.

Really?

Yes! Its like the time you find out that you may have "good" bacteria in your stomach!

I love the article - click on the title to read it!

----
All jokes aside, its time that mobile phones got past photographs of cops tazering students and people changing clothes or sms messages announcing Vice Presidential candidates (for God knows what fracking reason, we will never know - it's only time till frack becomes unmentionable too!)

The elephants need saving, just as much as the crops need protection and vice versa. The biggest problem in Africa is that we still have something left to save, and of course extreme penury can cause some sticky situations with the "saving" business.

So unlike the idiotic animal "lovers" of the west who decide to assassinate Professors, a lot of real brilliance (not the fluff white brick "Apple" type innovations) is being exercised in Kenya!

An sms message from the elephant alerts the rangers of its approach to the village, which they can then use to strike fear into him and chase him away!

We won't know if it will work, but it is one of those "low tech" "high worth" solutions out there!

Of course, don't try this in the US - T-Mobile, AT&T and Spring are likely to push prices up and then Congress will have a "talk" with them (not over the phone please, otherwise we tax payers have to pay for that too!).

What next?

Congress will "ground" the erring over-chargers?

Till next time!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, I did read about this SIM card being placed in the elephant's collar. It is quite a remarkable idea.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home